Tuesday 17 May 2011

Spamalot

Well I said I would write about this. 

If you want a full belly laugh then this is the show for you. 
If you didn't already know the show is a take on Athur and the Knights of the round table.
The whole show is tongue in cheek, I assume they take bits from Monty Python's show (only that was before my time).  Check out Jody Prenger, she plays the Lady of the Lake.  Her voice is AMAZING, no joke.  She has wonderful comic timing and in my limited opinion steals the show when shes on stage.

Its a lot like a pantomime.  But don't be thinking that's what you well see.  As it's very slick, even costume changes on stage, blink and you'll miss it.  You could tell the cast worked hard, they played two and three parts between them, they even dressed as crew to Ozzy Osbourne  To do that each night and matinees.  I tip my hat to them. 


Phil Jupiter (comedian) made the house laugh as well as himself!  Todd Carty probably best known for Grange Hill and Eastenders was just hilarious!  The faces he could pull, had me laughing in my seat.  Everyone sang and danced their hearts out.


I liked the fact that all the characters got a back story and some got to flesh it out a bit more.  For an hour and a half, they packed a lot in, even when trying to make the other laugh!

YouTube this show, the songs are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment